Friday 25 February 2011

G for Gradewide

yay we just recently finished our first gradewide assessment for the year =D

and that wasnt too bad now was it =P

at first i was going like super well, finishing my story by like saturday night (except my characters' names...that was the HARDEST thing to write...) despite having worked a 6 hour shift on saturday. and then i printed it off and got various people to read it and it was weird because like half the people understood one part and the other half didnt, and then everyone was like maybe change your ending. and this was on tuesday and i never do things that last minute so i was panicking like crazy, got back home and rewrote 3/4 of my story in like 2+ hours and i was like SO SUPER HAPPY.

i was like insanely high. improvements could be made, but it was just SOOO much better than my first one.

especially because i had to thesaurus.com the living daylights out of that story.


so. whats my story about, you ask?

well it sounds terrible when i explain it (you need to read it) but anyway its about a chef who screws up his signature dish and gets a bad review by a renowned critic. then hes all sad and stuff but at the end it shows how hes like gotten over it and stuff.

and my connection to the human condition was something along the lines of when you make a mistake, just get back up and try again or something like that...or like letting go of your mistakes or coming to terms with your past...?

and my chef's name is Raoul (googling nice male names helps...andddd he's from phantom of the opera so i HAD to stick with it) and my critic's name is Nolan Mendoza (nolan came from a list on google on nice unusual names and mendoza was a popular surname somewhere in...south america?) and my interviewer's name is Mr. Brooks (something i came up with in the two hours on tuesday which i panicked)

so yes, i liked my story. and i like my characters' names. i hate having characters called like bob or freddie or names of people i know...unless its a RELLI nice name.

maybe ill post my story up....but if i do i'll do it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment