Tuesday 6 January 2015

Christmas and Birthday Update

So these holidays I returned back to The Body Shop to work as a Christmas Casual and this time around I got 25% off!!!

It's been pretty hectic and I've been really tired this past month and a bit, so I haven't been blogging much, but there will be more now that January has hit!


So December 23rd was my birthday!

Unfortunately I was working a 6 hour shift that day, but later on I met up with Rachel and Collette from my youth group!

Rach got me a stuffed giraffe (named "Geoff" according to his tag) and Collette got me flowers, which was the first time I've ever received a live bouquet of flowers from someone!


We had some food and drinks at Max Brenner...


...Then I went home, had cake, and had dinner with my family at Epping Club, and they gave me all these random presents (plus money from my dad yay!):


A pacer shaped like a pencil, magnetic bookmarks, and random tins of Would You Prefer/Personality Test cards


The week before my birthday my lovely and super sweet colleague Annie also bought me stuff from The Body Shop! I was going to get these products anyway but she kept insisting she would pay for them, and it's cheaper for her anyway because she gets 50% off as a permanent worker. So anyway she bought these for me yaaaaaaay!

Peppermint Cooling Foot Lotion, Peppermint Foot Soak, and the Vitamin C Microdermabrasion


I also had the girls over the Saturday before my birthday. We had tacos and everything for dinner:


...And I was super happy with their presents (yes I did have a wishlist but still)!

(Catching Fire > Mockingjay)

The World of Ice and Fire

The Hedge Knight
(The graphic novel adaptation, but still cool)


We also exchanged Kris Kringle presents!


Pamela had me but the present didn't arrive on time so she gave me a souvenir from her days at The Gold Coast which she lost but then proceeded to randomly find again:

Batman shot glass

And then on Boxing Day she gave me my actual present!



It's a wrap around ring that says: "This too shall pass". It's one of my favourite sayings from an old tale/riddle/story that you can read about on Wiki


Yet again, my family gave me really weird Christmas presents as well:

A portable phone charger my dad brought back from China (but it's super bulky), a random IQ Brain Train Game thing from my brother because he likes buying me stuff that he wants, and a stamp set!


I also did TWO kris kringle games this year with people from church, and from them I got a 2015 diary and a random cool book that has instructions on just about anything!


So that just about sums up my holiday presents.

Until next time guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment