Sunday 29 September 2013

Another short post because nothing interesting ever happens in my life

I got a haircut just yesterday! It's just like a bob cut though, I wanted an uneven bob but my hair wasn't really long enough. Also, I tried taking pictures but I looked really weird and ugly in them so that will have to wait until a better time.


Also my bro on impulse bought a new game:

Geistes Blitz 2.0


This is a really fun game, I think it's one of my favourites. It's quick, easy, and still intense. There's a bunch of items: a blue hairbrush, green frog, white ghost, grey bathtub and red towel/cushion, and a pile of cards that have pictures on them. The pictures may have a combination of a, for example blue ghost and red bathtub. The aim is to grab an item that exactly matches anything on the card in terms of object and colour. In this case because nothing matches, you have to grab the item that has nothing to do with the card, i.e. the green frog because there is no frog and no green in the picture. If you get it right, you keep the card. If you get it wrong, you lose a card and so on until the deck runs out and the person with the most cards wins.

It goes by so quick, probably about 15 minutes, and is quite intense because you have to pay attention and work out which item you're meant to grab. Loads of fun though!


Also, I went to this cafe called The Baron for brunch last week. It's pretty cool, probably the most hipster cafe I've been in (although I haven't been to that many hipster places anyway). It's at castle hill and the entrance is on the outside near the KFC entrance. I honestly never noticed it until Shannelle decided it was the place for us to have brunch, but it's actually pretty good.

I had their "Say! I like green eggs and ham!" which, unfortunately, did not contain green eggs.


The picture is from their facebook page, since I didn't take any pictures of what I ate.

It was actually really nice, I was a bit iffy about the pea salad when I ordered it but it turned out really well. The croutons were extremely oily though and even though they tasted delicious I was quite conscious about how oily they were as I ate them.

Despite that, I was feeling pretty indulgent so I tried the sourdough toast (I *LOVE* sourdough) with nutella (because carpe diem and all that). I remember looking at their facebook page for an idea on their menu the night before and I really wanted to get this chocolate affogato with hazelnut praline but I actually forgot about it and by the time I remembered I was pretty full already.


Maybe I'll try it next time.


Also there was this weird article I came across. It's about some guy who supposedly earned 1.25 million air miles by buying pudding.

You can read it to find more details but yeah, pretty interesting how he managed to achieve all that. I suppose also that's why a lot of competitions and rewards and stuff now have terms and conditions stating that the offer is only valid once per customer.


Another thing I saw was this free rice site where you answer questions in a quiz and for each answer you get right, you donate 10 grains of rice to people around the world that can't afford it.

It's part of the UN World Hunger Programme and the money for the rice is generated by the ads that come up each time to go to the next question. You can do quizzes on different topics and they have different levels of difficulty as well because the site aims to provide free education as well as free rice.

In 2008, they reached their peak and donated over 43 billion grains of rice in total but this has decreased quite a lot to about 5 billion in 2013. So you can see it accumulates quite a lot. The first session I did in this quiz thing I ended up going through most of the subjects and donated 1800 grains of rice. It's pretty fun and it feeds hungry people so if you're ever bored, why not?


That reminds me of the game Google created to celebrate it's 15th birthday.

I found it so fun, but I sucked so much at this. Honestly the first time I didn't know what I was doing and just kept hitting the spacebar at random times and obviously kept missing because of it. I also didn't realise there were only a certain number of hits you could do so I didn't think it mattered that I kept missing. And then I got like 40 something... BUT after I realised when to hit it and that I only had like 10 or so shots, I ended up with a high score of about 159 (not sure if I actually reached 160), which still sucks but just goes to show how terrible I am at this stuff.


Finally, I'll end with this extremely cool one legged tap dancer: