Friday 20 September 2013

It takes more time to think of headings than to actually write the blog

This will be a super quick blog post because I haven't really done much recently!

After reading Wicked, I read The Wonderful Wizard of Oz again.


I realised that Wicked actually changes quite a lot of the storyline so it wasn't really a full explanation of how the wicked witch came to be, but anyway... I also found I just hated the Wizard of Oz a lot more than I did originally, obviously because Wicked made me see him as a really evil guy.

Then I started reading the rest of the series, The Wicked Years, with the sequel, Son of a Witch.

It's quite a long book so I'm not fully through it yet but so far it's pretty interesting. I'll talk about it more once I'm done but it doesn't look like I'll be finished any time soon, I've been so busy with assignments and all that!

For business we have 4 assignments spread through the semester and I honestly am so confused. Our first one was on the economic environment and I thought I'd be at a major disadvantage because I don't know anything about economics so I completely made up all 750 words of it. Then when I got the marks back I actually did pretty well and my marker was like "Excellent understanding of the economic environment! Well done!" Yeah... totes understood it.. but I also got 3 referencing penalties and was slightly annoyed. Then I realised almost everyone in class got penalties, some people even got 9 or 10...

I also had a Psych research report to do, and I had to finish it fairly quickly because now I'm doing a 1500 word essay that's pretty much on the Liberal's policies on employment relations. Geez, it's so dry, I've spent ages reading over what they say and I can't even find any academic research because I don't even know what I'm looking for! The subject is such a joke though, but I have to do it to major in HR Management (but now I'm reconsidering since thsi subject is so terrible), which is stupid because I reckon this has no practical signicance to HR.

Anyway, enough about uni...

What can I talk about...

Oh I went on Groupon and I bought these deals for myself! One was a $24 microdermabrasion and peel facial thing and another is a $19 gel manicure! So excited. I also saw this crazy-looking alcohol-themed high tea. It's pretty much like they get cocktails and then deconstruct them down to high tea things. It looks incredibly amazing and I'm so interested in food gastronomy but no one else was interested because it was liek $20 per person so yeah =[


ANNNNNNNNND I also watched The Wolverine:


I expected it to be a lot worse because so many people were saying how terrible it is, but it wasn't that bad. There were definitely a few times I cringed at the Asian acting and other problems I was a bit confused with, but I think these were all erased when I got to the mid-credits scene! I was so excited, it totally leads up to the next film! I can't really say anything about it since it's obviously full of spoilers, but it's extremely exciting!

The next film, X-Men: Days of Future Past, is going to be released next year and it's going to include people from the original trilogy as well as people from First Class! Which means Jennifer Lawrence! And also, Peter Dinklage (a.k.a. Tyrion Lannister) is going to play the scientist Boliver Trask!! AND, as if it weren't already cool enough, it's a time travel film! They send Wolverine back in time! Honestly can't wait for this to come out!


My brother also bought another game, Dominion:


It's a pretty fun game and goes by really quick. At the start of the game, you have a certain number of cards and you need to use these cards to buy more money, which can buy actions, which can help you earn victory points, which help you win. It's pretty easy to understand as well and quite a lot of fun.


Anyway, as I said, this is a short blog post because Uni hasn't allowed me to do much lately.

I don't know if I'm late to the party, but I'll leave you with this song I only just heard today and it's hilarious I absolutely love it!