Tuesday 1 September 2015

Things that I hate

I'm so annoyed at people who bring something up under the pretence of 'checking up on you' when they actually just want to stir up shit or something. Like when someone is literally the ONLY person to actively bring up the topic with you, and at first it seems like a really nice catch up/check up on you to see how you are doing, and you really appreciate their kindness and everything. And then they just start saying all this random shit that makes you really confused and upset and ends up ruining the rest of your night because even though other stuff is happening and you've got other stuff to do, their words just keep playing in the back of your mind. And I don't even get an honest apology out of them and then I find out that the shit they said isn't even true. Like, thanks for being a 'friend', ruining my night and making me feel a lot more insecure than I was already. Why would anyone do that?

Don't get me wrong, I love when people are considerate enough to check up on me, but when you are 'checking up on me' with the goal of dropping a bomb of negative information down on me, then I'd much prefer if you never even spoke to me. Because firstly, if the information was true and I knew about it already, it still wouldn't make me feel any better to remind me of the information, and secondly, if I didn't know about the information (false or not), you just casually dropped a bombshell on me while giggling and smiling about it.

So thanks for being a friend, but if you're going to keep doing that from now on, I'd rather avoid this friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment