Monday 4 May 2015

This too shall pass

If I ever got a tattoo it'd be one that goes around my ring finger and says "This too shall pass."

There's a lovely story I like about a powerful, but wise, king that wants something to humble himself. He tells someone to make something for him that, when he is happy, will make him sad, and when he is sad, will make him happy. The person comes back with a ring that says, "This too shall pass." So now, whenever the king is happy, he just needs to look at his ring to realise that, sadly, this happiness will pass. But when he is sad, he just needs to look at his ring to realise that, in time, this sadness will pass.

This is pretty much how I've been feeling today, on a day where I have been flooded by overwhelming feelings of sadness and loneliness.

I have a ring that says this line, and it honestly does help me feel better. I look at this ring and I realise that I've been sad before. I've cried before. I've been in pain before. But it passed.

So why shouldn't my current pain pass now?

It's all about the bigger picture. Nobody likes change, but the only constant in life is change.

So we should embrace the change, and know that the change that has just occurred will, eventually, change.


No comments:

Post a Comment