Thursday 24 June 2010

btw, who's going 40th anniversary?

haha so i forgot about this for a while BUT
two weeks ago, i think, pamela had this sonnet due in her english class and THE PERIOD BEFORE she realises that it's due. so then I, being the loving-poetry-writing girl that i am, was like "I'LL DO IT FOR YOU!!"
so then she's like, "OKAY!"
and the theme was an issue. so i was like, "hmmm...what issue can i do?"
and pamela is like, "you're so happy chappy... your issue should be... SAD PEOPLE"

so here is my sonnet on pessimism (it's quite the dodgy and therefore hilarious):
I look onto the million eyes,
each accessorised with a mournful frown.
I cringe at the woeful cries
lost in skies of gray and brown.
So sad, so shy, so pitiful;
whosoever could be so cruel
to inflict the pain and tears
into children with too many fears,
too many worries that anger me?
"Why is the world so bad,"
I ask, "Why so unhappy?"
I glare upon them, so mad,
so drowned in fury,
for they have just lost what happiness they had.


ahaha. hilarity.

speaking of poetry, because all songs are poems, i've been in.love. with the gorillaz lately. i mean, we all go through our phases, but seriously i love the gorillaz. in english last friday i was reading cloud atlas and for some reason the line "up on melancholy hill, there's a plastic tree" just went on repeat for me.
it was so annoying that i didn't know the rest of the words!
so i went home, listened to it, listened to it, and listened to it. and now. i got the words NAILED.
seriously i love the gorillaz but their first album was awesum. (FEEL GOOD INC FTW- haha i actually know the entire song, including the rap!)
but yes, i remember when my bro first showed me the song, he fully analysed it. ==

yeh, he was like "maybe the plastic tree is symbolic of our plastic society; you know, plastic surgery etc and its a melancholy hill because everyone's sad"
haha but now that i think of it. yeh that's quite true. and the fact that the plastic tree is on top of the melancholy hill means that our society is basically worshiping or looking up to superficial values and the like.

anyway i dont want to go too nerdy on you...

lol on wednesday i had my braces appointment, and i went in completely unexpected of anything. i mean the past....6 months i think hes just been changing my coloured elastic things and not doing anything to the wire. but THIS TIME. because some of my teeth are still a teeeeeeny bit behind the others, he took out the wire and bent it a bit so that those aforementioned teeth will come out a bit more.

and while he took the wire out, i must say my teeth felt VERY VERY weird. like... naked. and bare. and relli spaced out. and if i pushed my tongue against them i thought they were going to break. he puts the wire back in and has to screw drive it in or sumthing (like he always does) but this time he pressed SO hard against my teeth i thought they were going to collapse into my throat. then he finished and my teeth were SO SORE. worst of all its my FRONT teeth so i can't eat anything that has any sort of texture watsoever. bread hurts. bananas hurt. grapes with seeds are just nightmares. and dont even talk about chattering your teeth together for the fun of it.

it sucks. its like he just put the braces on for the first time again. gahhhhh. had to eat porridge today.

speaking of textures...

genius #16: foam, shaving gel, hair mousse
i've ALWAYS loved foam. i mean... BUBBLES inside a liquid or solid. foams are emulsions (such an awesum word), and i LOVE emulsions. seriously. foam... when dish washing liquid comes into contact with running water, oh golly. when egg whites are whisked to stiff peaks, omgsh. when my brother showed me his shaving gel, and how it comes out to his finger as gel, but when rubbed MAGICALLY TURNS INTO FOAM, i was like going beserk. when i use hair mousse, i just cant get over it. i LOVE foam.

one of the main reasons i want to make coffee is because of the foaming milk. it looks like SO much fun. not to mention the coffee art but thats a different topic altogether.

arghhhhhhhhh. foam-gasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment