Sunday 21 October 2012

angler fish fascinate me.

21/10/2012: It's 12:55am but it still counts as a new day. I was feeling bored and instead of studying or sleeping or doing anything productive, i just drew. I drew an angler fish because I am in love with the concept of angler fish. I think they are amazing.


I drew inspiration from Jason's latest drawing - the underwater fish/shark/cool creature with the bait, and then reading my "Barren" story where I mentioned the angler fish, I was like I SHOULD DRAW AN ANGLER FISH!

And if you don't know the fascinating thing about angler fish (copy and pasted from me telling Jason why the male ones have terrible lives):

Basically, the scary ones are the females. The males are like tiny and can't find food because they don't have the light thing. So they just wait around on the verge of starvation. Then the female comes along, the male falls in love with it then bites onto the female because if he doesn't, then he'll lose her and he'll have to die without food. Then when he bites onto her she excretes these juices or something to dissolve the guy, leaving only its testicles hanging off her body.

Also there are like several males who follow the same female, so they have like several pairs of testicles just hanging off them.

Wonderful isn't it?