Wednesday 14 November 2012

complaints everywhere

DISCLAIMER: this is a very long post and the beginning is me complaining. if you don't want to hear me rant and complain, skip down to the movies section.

today has been somewhat of a chaotic day.

a lot of things have been happening.

i got my hair dyed and that's my picture of the day but alas, i will keep it as a surprise.

let's begin.

CHAOS NUMBER ONE: HAIR

my hairdresser is so annoying and unprofessional and stubborn and ASIAN in the worst sense.

i couldn't go to royals hair at towers as my initial plan was because it was very pricey- like very very very pricey, so i went to my normal hairdresser.

so i told her what i wanted and she didn't really understand and my mum had to translate it for her, and i showed her the picture and i told her the description that the site said - they bleached the tips of the hair and dyed the whole hair purple so the majority was dark purple and the tips were brighter purple.

and that's what the site SAID and she was like no. they don't do it like that. this picture is photoshopped. this is how they do it.

and she described something that didn't make sense to me.

and then in the end my mum was like 'i think you should just do this', going on to explain something different.

and i asked the hairdresser, 'what do you think?'

and she just metaphorically steps back with her arms in the air as if surrendering, and she was saying 'i don't know. you wanted this before, now you say you want this, your mum is saying this, i don't know what is good. just tell me what you want i will do it for you.'

complaint one: as a hairdresser you should KNOW what will look good. use your discretion and your better judgment (or maybe she had none). also learn english. proper english, not the broken english you think you can communicate to me through. until then, don't complain about what i say just because you don't understand what i mean.

complaint two: i basically had to walk her through what i wanted, and i pretty much just told her everything to do. like she had no idea how to layer my hair or how to bleach it or watever. i gave her the picture, and she didn't even really know what to do with it.

anyway, when she was dyeing it, she usually just has you sitting in the seat and she'll brush on the dye but for some obscure reason she made me lie down in the sink and she just literally scooped up everything from the tub which was 118mL onto my hair and slapped it onto my hair and all on my face and everything.

complaint three: i bought that dye because she doesn't have a constant supply of purple dye. fair enough, i got to chose what dye i wanted. BUT i spent $22.50 on it and it was very obvious that it could have lasted me two applications of my whole head. instead, she used THE WHOLE TUB.

when i realised she used the whole tub i was just like WHAT!? it's such a waste and so useless, because my hair was ALREADY VERY WELL COVERED IN HAIR DYE.

complaint four: this is out of order, but she bleached my hair to like a brown-gold sort of colour (before dyeing so the purple actually shows) when the instructions said light blonde. she threw the tub of hair dye which could have lasted me two applications into the bin but i said to her: shouldn't it be a platinum blonde or really light colour? that's what they used to dye the hair samples that i saw. then she was just like: no, it said natural blonde. and my mum was like: even a natural blonde is lighter than that. and my hairdresser was like: it's supposed to be a darker blonde.

later, when she gave me back the tub of hair dye, i looked at it and it clearly said to pre-lighten the hair to a light blonde so i have no idea what she was talking to me about.

compliant five: i have lower back problems as well as neck problems and when she sat me in the uncomfortably-contoured sink to slab the dye onto my hair, it hurt so much, my neck was so sore.

complaint six: when she put all the dye on me, she was so careless and had so much put onto my face. she didn't prep my hairline with vaseline beforehand. because i wasn't sitting upright in the seat in front of the mirror like one would normally, my mum brought a mirror so i could see the colour of the dye. i noticed dye ALL OVER MY FACE and hinted to my hairdresser: does this stain skin? and she laughed and was like HA yeah!

i'm thinking I WASN'T ASKING BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW - I WAS ASKING TO HINT TO YOU TO STOP BEING SO RECKLESS. DON'T YOU DARE LAUGH AND SAY IT IS- MY FORMAL IS IN TWO DAYS.

note: if i show up at formal with a beetroot-tinted face, you know why.

the dye needed 30 minutes and she spent like 20 minutes of those 30 minutes using her alcohol wipes to 'clean dye off skin after colouring' and i think she just gave up because my forehead and ears were still extremely red and pink.

after that, my mum had to go to the local shops and buy facial cleansing wipes to wipe off all the stuff.

complaint seven: the instructions said to rinse with cold water. she rinsed it with hot water. the instructions said to rinse until the water was clear. when she was done 'rinsing my hair' it was still dripping all over my forehead, ears and neck, continuing to stain my skin.

maybe you're wondering: why didn't you say anything chloe? why didn't you tell her off?

why?

because i was already so annoyed talking to her. i was seriously DONE with it.

she was idiotic, crazy, had no logic, too stubborn, and stupid.

in the end, my hair looks alright, but its not the colour i wanted, it's not the colour i saw and it's not the colour i picked. she didn't follow instructions, and whilst i love my hair now, maybe it could have been a lot better if she did.

in the end, my mum and i came to the conclusion that if it's something critical, we will have nothing to do with that hairdresser again.


CHAOS TWO: MAKE UP

OKAY SO THE INITIAL PLAN

was to get my friend who is also my bro's friend to do my make up for me on the last day of their exams.

but then she told me her exam started at 3:30pm and ended at 5:30pm, so we agreed she could do it beforehand.

and then my brother told me that 'it wasn't nice of me' because she'd need to study.

and then i asked her about it and she said she promised to do my make up so she'd do it.

and then my brother said 'i know she's the type to cram'

so i told her not to do it.

and i had no idea who was going to do my make-up.

my family isn't rolling in money right now, and i know that if need be they WILL spend money on me but of course i don't want that, so i called everywhere in carlingford/castle hill/this area to find a cheap make-up place.

beauty at the towers was booked out except for 12pm which was too early for make up.
there was a nail place at carlingford for $40 except they don't speak well english and they seemed a bit dodgy. i booked them in anyway. because i was desperate.

i was seriously crying at the thought of not being able to find a cheap make-up place (because everyone i called was like - no we're booked out - or had pricing that was too expensive or didn't actually do make up)

then we went to revlon at myer and she said she didn't do make up during promotion period because of the number of people that came in to the shop. she told me to go to revlon at david jones.

so i went to revlon at david jones but the lady wasn't there and instead i talked to the girl at napoleon perdis (which is next to revlon and share the same phone and stuff) and my mum said it'd be cool to spend $80 on make up for me so they can do my make up.

in all honesty...

i felt extremely bad.

i don't use make up, and here i was, getting my mum to pay $80 for my make up. i don't know if she did it because she knew how upset i was at not having a good make-up artist doing my make-up for formal, but she was just like 'you'll use it anyway. when you want to go out or whatever, you can just use the make-up. if you don't want all the crazy stuff just get lipstick and foundation, just the simple stuff, they add up to $80'. this is all paraphrased.

anyway, we ended up booking it in, but i just still feel very bad.

i'll have to make the most out of that make-up now.

even though i have no idea what to do with make-up.

so that was chaotic.

THIS IS SUCH A LONG POST.

BUT THAT WAS THE END OF CHAOS.

EVERYTHING'S SORTED NOW, SO I FEEL MUCH BETTER.

-----

MOVIE TIME

okay so today i watched THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (Hollywood 2011 version)

my mum bought the dvd some time ago. interesting, because the girl is a hacker and stuff, the dvd looks like a pirated copy because its white and blank with what looks like a permanent-marker writing of the movie title on it.

it's a really good film.

whilst unrealistic and a bit extreme in the central plot, it's contradictorily (that's not a word) good at showing you the reality of the world and certain types of human beings. you have despicable people, people who are misunderstood, and innocent normal people who unfortunately get thrown into the deep end.

based on the novel (which i am now dying to read), it's about a reporter, Mikael Blomkvist (Daniel Craig) who begins having a financial crisis due to a case he reported on, and as a result, some wealthy ex-CEO of a company calls him in asking him to research into a mysterious case on the murder of his niece. he's offered a large sum of money along with some other stuff that makes him unable to say no and thus begins this crazy chase for a mysterious murderer and an even more mysterious murder victim.

meanwhile, there's Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara ), a researcher who has several problems of her own and weaves her way into this plot. i don't want to say much more on her.

i like this film. like i said, it was unrealistic and extreme, the solving of the murder case made me really...skeptical about the plot. but its portrayal of characters- particularly Lisbeth- was amazing.

sometimes it make you really hate humanity and lose faith in people, but Lisbeth's character was so amazingly portrayed- the actress deserves a standing ovation ten times over, and the character was so strong and determined, and such a good change in film heroines.

this film will definitely appeal to the feminists out there, not because of the plot or certain scenes, but the way the film opens everyone's awareness to the issues females face, the way the characters/victims deal with these issues, and the justice that is eventually served.

you all should see it =]

-----

EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE.

so i signed up to quickflix and my first two on queue are this film and 'we need to talk about kevin' (will watch tomorrow).

i was very cautious of watching this film because i loved the book so much. and films never do justice to the book.

and i still stick to that after watching this.

i found it to be extremely slow-paced and not at all as exciting as the book.

the kid, Oskar Schell (Thomas Horn) was a good actor but his voice sometimes annoyed me. maybe it's because i don't like kids? who knows.

but it is a 9/11 story and so there were many tears shed.

many many tears.

but i wouldn't watch it again.

and i'd recommend you to just read the book and not watch the film.

btw, i took photos of the quickflix dvds, but it's getting late and i can't be bothered putting them up.

and congrats on getting all the way to the end of this very long post, you must be very bored. go read a book. go read EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE.