Monday 9 August 2010

i hate it when parents are aware of any exams

1. the before questions
"what subject? time? have you studied? how much? are you ready? are you sure? why were you watching that movie today then? why didn't i see you studying?"
this all blew out of proportion when one parent asked if i was ready for "The Maths Exam". being honest, i replied, "i don't know"

"WHAT?!?!"

oh my gosh...why did i say that...

"YOU KNOW, SOMETIMES YOU HAVE REALLY BAD PRIORITY!"

now why exactly did i say that i didn't know if i was ready?
"because the teachers only gave us like 2 revision sheets so... i don't know-"

"BLAH BLAH! YOU HAVE TO PREPARE YOURSELF!! DON'T GET DISTRACTED BY TV/MSN/ETC"(man, sometimes their so fast, i didn't even get a chance to elaborate)

what the parent did not understand was that I ALREADY TRIED to prepare myself. i did the revision sheets, i went through my book, i memorised stuff, but you know, even AFTER all that, I STILL AM UNSURE OF HOW READY I AM. it's not that i didn't try, prioritise, study, prepare or that i am stressed about it. it's just that sometimes, as is USUAL, i feel insecure and unsure of things. HENCE, THE I DON'T KNOW! there's only so much i could've done to prepare myself with 2 revision sheets!!

also, the parent was unaware of my policy: do not study the day before the exam.


2. the after questions
the dreaded "so...how was the test?"
how on earth am i supposed to answer this? if i say good, then wat happens when i get bad results? if i say bad, then it's back to square one about me not preparing enough.

3. the results
im sure all you asians know, nothing is ever good enough. i can get top of the class but noooooo "oh you still did so many silly mistakes."
the expectations are ridiculous! don't get me wrong, if i got top of the class the parents will still be ecstatic, but they would still say "well, you could've gotten better."

especially with a brother who has been through all this before, it truly sucks. THE BAR HAS BEEN RAISED.

sorry i've been slacking off on my posts about the facts that i was meant to do every post... but a lot has been going on.

haha ill be super awesum and give you a highlight of wats up next:

-mysterious fact 2 about myself
-my dilemma on gloria jeans or michels (it wont be that long i promise, roger =] )
-new lifelong goals

and more stuff! =]

i just have to eat dinner now CYA GUYS

=]

No comments:

Post a Comment